Friday, April 29, 2011

Harry Potter and Other Books-to-Movies

Alright, HP fans, with the first trailer premiere of the last movie installment out I couldn't not say something about Harry Potter, could I? The official trailer's been up on YouTube for only two days now, and as I type this there have already been nearly 2 million views. Wow. The excitement and anticipation is sure to build over the next few months.

I'll admit, I'm a little sad that the end is so near. I've been reading the books and watching the movies for over ten years now--almost half my life! I know there are plenty of other good books that will step in to ease the emptiness once HP is gone, but I'll still miss it. For now, though, here's the trailer:




Harry Potter's not the only exciting book being adapted into a movie either. Sara Gruen's popular Water for Elephants about a veterinary student who joins the circus came out on the 22nd. I haven't had a chance to see it yet, but it's got a lot positive ratings from the audience on Rotten Tomatoes. You can watch the trailer here.

Coming out on May 6 is Thor, which is based on Stan Lee's comic book character from The Mighty Thor. The casting--Chris Hemsworth, Anthony Hopkins, and Natalie Portman--promises a satisfyingly action-packed experience. Okay, so I'm actually not too sure about Hemsworth. Haven't seen him in much. But how can you go wrong with the other two? Here's the trailer.

Finally, in July Cowboys & Aliens will be released, which I was surprised to learn is adapted from a graphic novel written by Fred Van Lente and Andrew Foley and drawn by Dennis Calero and Luciano Lima. Hmm. . . lots of visual novels to movies this year! Trailer

No comments:

Post a Comment